Monday, January 4, 2010

Y2K.

Y2K (said in deep booming voice that echoes many times over).It was ten years ago. And it was one of those times where the whole world remembers where they were and exactly what they were doing as they waited for the world to end - or at least the technological world as we knew it. I remember exactly where I was.

I was 14. I had a perm, braces, and was wearing overalls and an orange t-shirt. I had a 'happy new year' head band on and was basically the epitome of cool. I was oozing cool. It was written all over my freckled face. I stood in the not-yet-renovated sanctuary of my church watching as the screens went fuzzy at the stroke of midnight, a funny joke on the part of the tech guys. I even remember who I had a crush on.

That's all. I just wanted to point that it was 10 years ago already. Where were you? And how awesome did you look? :)

2 comments:

  1. OH LAURA! I remember the perm and the overalls! But you were cool! I was at home and had 3 or 4 girlfriends over. My parents had gone out and we had our sparklers all ready and my mum had asked me to fill up the bathtubs, just incase our water stopped when everything would shut off. It was also the first night I met Chris who happened to be your neighbour and is still one of my best friends! It was a good year:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inquiring minds want to know who you had a crush on? :O...roflol...I don't remember where I was..prolly at CLA too...I remember your overalls and t shirt..LOL...
    mARY

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter