Saturday, January 16, 2010

AVATARRRRR

So this is my first movie review. It will probably be my only movie review as the town I live in does not have a theatre that is worth seeing movies at. I am in Langley. And last night we went to see Avatar in 3D. I didn't really want to see the movie - but kinda felt the world wide pressure to see it because of all the historic new advancements in technology used to create this film. We went with some dear friends of ours.

Ok. Movie.  There were a few things that I thought were kinda cheezy, especially for a film of this caliber. The political undertones were at times so blatant it was brutal...Mike is calling them overtones. Definately major racism stuff going on. The 'green' and anti-Bush agendas were so prevalent. At one point the general even said that they were going to 'fight terror with terror'. BRUTAL. I mean, I get that every movie has a message lying beneath the actual story line, but this was tooooooo much. It almost got a bit tacky.

 I forgot to wear contacts so my 3D glasses had to sit ontop of my regular glasses, that was a bit annoying - I was always pushing them up and trying to focus. But that was my fault.
There is some pretty strong tribal 'Mother Nature' chanting and prayer stuff going on in it - I think there are definately some things we could incorperate into our prayer styles :) (that was sarcastic, hopefully that came across)

All of that being said, I loved it! The graphics were amazing, and the creativity was incredible. If you haven't seen it - it's worth it to see it in a theatre.

G'bye. L

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter