Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"And May God Bless You!!"

I can't sleep. Mind you, it is 2:21 in the afternoon... but a time where I wish I could be sleeping. I woke up with a migrane this morning and was throwing up for a couple hours (awesome, I know). I'm so thankful Mike was able to be with the boys this morning! At one point before going upstairs to my bed I had to watch Linden for a few minutes while Mike took out the garbage and recycling. I had my bucket beside me and poor Linden witnessed a violent session of puking (mind the terminology used, I felt it was only right to paint the picture:). He came over to me and looked in the bucket and said, "whoa, mommy, how you do that?" ha. I told him my tummy and my head were very sad and he said he'd kiss them better for me. After kissing them he said, "there, all better...now let's play with some toys." I wish I could have!

So now it's nap time and I have my darling two and half year old snoring in my right ear and Chewbakka groaning in my left ear as Mike reconnects with his inner Jedi downstairs watching Star Wars. I have to say though, I'm not frusterated that I can't sleep. Infact, as I lie here in bed I just feel so blessed and happy.

Mike asked me last night as we were driving home to Comox what I'd preach on if I were preaching this Sunday. I didn't really know and said I'd have to think about it. Good answer, huh? Well. I did think about it.

On Saturday, December 26th as we were buying our ticket to get on the ferry I shouted "Merry Christmas!" to the ticket girl as we drove away. Without missing a beat Linden followed shouting "And may God Bless you!" My heart melted. If only she could have heard him! Those five words have had me thinking since then. Linden could care less about what people thought about him in that moment. He just genuinely thought it'd be a good thing if God would bless that lady, so why not shout it out? She may not of heard him, but I know that God heard Linden's wish for the ticket lady and I really do pray that God would bless her.

If I were preaching on sunday I'd talk about being an atmosphere changer. I came into contact this weekend with a few people who when they are around the air gets a little bit lighter. People laugh a little more. They bring out the positive in people. Have you ever hung around a person for a whole day or something and then when you go home you totally catch yourself laughing like they do or using a term they always use? These are generally people who have a contagious laugh, or are just so plain old happy that they rub off on us. They're then ones that when the town floods they pull out their fishing nets and canoes. They're the kid that yells "And may God bless you!" to a random lady.

If I were preaching this Sunday I'd talk about being a person who asks God to always be able to see the opportunities He is always giving us to be an atmosphere changer. Like when you get too much change back at the grocery store...to bring back the extra 30 cents can have a big impact on the person putting it back in the till. Or when an old grumpy person walks by you to look them straight in the eyes and smile and say a cheerful "hello!". Maybe that's all they needed.

I'm not preaching this Sunday. So I think I'll just work on these things for myself. I'd like to be an atmosphere changer. Something we say to Linden when he is having a mini meltdown is that he needs to choose to be happy. I want to choose to be happy a little more often.

So, I wish for you that this year is one filled with Joy and laughter. That you can choose to be happy. That all of your wildest dreams come true and that you invite me to join in the celebration with you. Cause I'll be happy to!

AND, may God Bless YOU!!
Laura

4 comments:

  1. Made me cry with joy at your great journey, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Laura, I was just thinking what a joyful person you are...and what joy you are to be around :)
    It will be a Great Year...full of joy and full of God's blessings!!
    I LOVE THE BOYS !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are an inspiration dear Laura.
    I will be an atmosphere changer too!!!
    Thanks for sharing your life with us! I pray NO migranes for you! 0:

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) so great, Laura. And so true!! People can either breath life into you - or suck the wind out *grin*!! YOU are a life breather ... so proud of the woman you are!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter