Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Mother's Day Poem

I once had a mom who changed my diapers
What rhymes with diapers?
Nothing rhymes with diapers.

I once had a mom who taught me to clean up
everybody clean up
everybody clean up.

She taught me to love and to be a good friend
She always made me dinner
And told me I'm a winner

Now I have a mom who is my friend
We chat and we giggle
And we both hate our feet being tickled

Now I have a mom who helps me with my kids
She still makes me dinner
But she doesn't change my diaper

You wonder how it's possible for one mom to do all this?
That's what so amazing
She really is amazing

I'd never ever switch my mom for another
She's the one that I needa
Her name is Carina.


I love you mom. Thank you for being my friend, you truly are wonderful. Happy Mother's Day.

Laura

2 comments:

  1. Piper rhymes with Diaper... kinda. but that would be difficult to incorporate into the poem too :P

    Very sweet poem by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An ODE to our grandson's awesome mother
    A lovely combo of her mom and father

    Thanks for sharing life's biggest joys
    Linden and Jackson, the sweetest boys

    You're so generous with us to have them here alone
    Or to skype a bit, or a small chat on the phone

    From the moment of the first conception
    You laid down your life without exception

    God will reward you along the way
    And surely in Heaven as well one day

    Our prayer for you is that you love your "plate"
    Know your limits and C E L E B R A T E
    as WE do YOU, God's lovely creation
    Happy Mother's Day Laura, here's a standing ovation!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter