Thursday, April 8, 2010

La la la lasagna.

I made an attempt at making a lasagna last night for dinner. You might ask, "But Laura, you mean to tell me that you've been married for 5 years and have yet to make a lasagna for dinner?" Oh I have. I have failed dismally a couple of times. The issue? Those fantastically frusterating 'oven-ready' noodles. They are supposed to save you time. My lasagna's either end up like a noodle soup in a shallow dish, which is just altogether bad, or it ends up dry as a bone with a nice crunch as you bite into it.

Time consuming, difficult to make and oh-so fattening, my lasagna last night was my first semi-success! It's a secret family recipe and so I can't share it with you, but actually Kraft parmesean cheese stole my recipe years ago and posted it on the back of their containers so you can get it off there if you want. I added a layer of ricotta in and probably will use cottage cheese next time. And I think I'll try the traditional pre-cooked noodles. And maybe take out a bit of the mass amount of garlic I added. But other than that I really enjoyed it and so did the fam. I do feel this morning though - thanks to dinner and the terrible quantity I ate - that if I were to jump into a pool I'd actually sink.

I hope today, wherever you are, is a sunny day. It's beautiful here today. Kids are up......gotta go!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Laura. I also found a GREAT, EASY lasagna receipe from Kraft. You don't have to cook the noodles beforehand and it tastes DELICOUS! Enjoy :) http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/simply-lasagna-69196.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just taught a couple of my desert girlfriends how to make lasagna yesterday! It was so good. No recipe. I used to not cook the noodles beforehand, but I found that it was hit or miss. Sometimes it was awesome and other times the noodles weren't quite done. Now, I cook them for 6 minutes, just to al dente, and then let the rest of the cooking happen when the lasagna is in the oven. We don't get ricotta cheese here, so we deal with just mozzerella - but it's better than no lasagna at all! Congratulations on your culinary success!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter